www.globalresearch.ca Centre for Research on Globalisation Centre de recherche sur la mondialisation
The decision of the Bush administration to veto the Security Council resolution
forbidding the assassination of Yasser Arafat is a scandal of historic dimensions
Gush Shalom pob 3322 Tel-Aviv Gush Shalom emergency ads protesting terrible decisions
The decision of the Bush administration to veto the Security Council resolution forbidding the assassination of Yasser Arafat is a scandal of historic dimensions.
The assassination of the Palestinian president, who was elected by a massive majority under the supervision of former president Jimmy Carter, will cause a catastrophe for Israel and the United States..
- Arafat is the only Palestinian leader who has the moral authority and the political power to make peace with Israel and convince his people to accept it.
- After his assassination, the Palestinian Authority will collapse.
- The Palestinian liberation movement will splinter into hundreds of violent groups, each of them intent on killing Israelis and Americans.
- The most extreme Islamic fundamentalists will take over the leadership of the Palestinian nation.
- The name of Arafat, the martyr, will become the battle-cry of militants throughout the Arab and Muslim world, creating thousands of new Bin Ladens. No place on earth will be safe.
- An unbridgeable abyss will open between Israelis and Palestinians, making peace and reconciliation impossible for generations to come.
It will create an existential danger for Israel.
The Palestinians Offer a general And comprehensive Cease-fire.
Those who Rejected this offer Will be responsible For the death Of hundreds of Human beings, Israelis and Palestinians.
Who gave Sharon and his generals The right To take this Terrible decision?
Help us with donations to P.O.Box 3322, Tel-Aviv 61033 Phone 972-3-5221732 www.gush-shalom.org
Requests for information: [email protected]
Published in “Haaretz” September 19, 2003
© Copyright Gush Shalom 2003 For fair use only/ pour usage équitable seulement .